Skincare Workshop 101
Welcome to the Oxygen Skincare workshop. Here we will give you instructions and tips on how to get the best results from our products for your skin.
Firstly, storage is a very important part of keeping your natural products in the best condition possible as we don’t use any of the strong chemical preservatives of other well known brands. Our products need good care as follows:
- Keep out of sunlight.
- Always use clean, dry hands when retrieving product from the containers.
- Always re-seal containers straight after use.
Cleansing is important for the removal of daily dirt, excess oil, sweat and makeup from the skin and for cleaning away dead skin cells as well as helping remove blockages from the pores.
Cleansing should be done twice a day, morning and night.
“Did you know? Your skin rids itself of much waste material while you sleep which needs removing first thing in the morning.”
It is important also at night to cleanse away the pollutants picked up during the course of your day.
Choose a cleanser that is right for your skin type so as to get the maximum clean required.
How to cleanse effectively
- Loosen any surface dirt by dampening a facecloth with warm water and applying to the skin
- Apply your cleanser either with your hands or, if using the cream cleanser you may like to use cotton wool balls.
- In an upward circular motion, gently massage the cleanser into your face and neck. This will help to improve the texture and feel of the skin as well as increasing circulation to stimulate oxygen carrying blood cells to the area.
- Thoroughly massage your entire face and concentrate on any areas that have visibly blocked pores.
- Remove the cleanser with a damp face cloth and rinse thoroughly.
Why should I tone you ask? Well it is actually an integral part of the skincare regime in that Oxygen Skincare toners help to restore the skin’s natural pH balance, minimize pore size and soothe the skin, making it feel refreshed and hydrated. Our toners also have great anti-inflammatory properties. Toner also removes any residual cleanser or mask treatments.
How to apply Toner
- Toner should be applied twice a day after cleansing and is the basis for moisturising your skin
- Apply the toner by spraying or dabbling it onto the skin
- To prevent moisture loss, apply moisturiser while the toner is still wet
We all know the importance of moisturising. Oxygen skincare moisturisers contain essential ingredients that help lock moisture in and attract water from the air and hold it against the skin. Our moisturisers provide the skin with much needed moisture to prevent dryness and dehydration and to maintain a smooth and supple skin. They also provide nutrients to the skin.
How to apply Moisturiser
- Apply morning and night after cleansing and toning. Thick night creams are not needed contrary to belief as at night your skin needs to be able to breathe and release toxins; therefore a light moisturiser is better. This is especially true for oily skins.
- Remember it is more beneficial to apply moisturisers when the skin is damp but not wet as this helps trap water in your surface cells and more effectively absorbs the moisture into your skin, thus helping to give your skin a dewy look.
- Take a small amount of moisturiser on your fingertips and dot onto forehead, cheeks, chin and neck and then blend thoroughly in a downward circular motion taking care to avoid the delicate eye area as moisturisers are too heavy for this area which is susceptible to puffiness due to fluid retention. A separate eye cream should be used for this area.
- The neck should not be forgotten and upward strokes used to blend.
- Let moisturiser dry for 5 to 10 minutes before applying foundation, otherwise it can become streaky.
- As we source and use only natural ingredients, we feel we are unable to give you the proper benefits of a sunscreen in your moisturiser to protect your face from the damaging effects of the sun, so we recommend using an SPF30 sunscreen underneath your foundation after moisturising.
Our specially formulated blemish/acne gel contains Canadian Willow Herb, a native plant that grows in the northern forests of Canada and is used by the indigenous peoples of this area for its medicinal values. It is a known anti-inflammatory and has wound-healing properties, reducing pain as well as having free radical scavenging ability. It has effectively been shown to kill the P. Acne bacterium associated with acne.
How to apply Blemish/Acne Gel
- Prevent contaminating product by washing hands before use.
- Squeeze a small dot of blemish gel onto a clean cotton bud and apply to affected area morning and night. Apply before moisturising daily.
- Always use a fresh cotton bud each time the gel is applied to skin.
- Allow to dry.
- Try not to squeeze pimples as this will only inflame the area and increase the likelihood of scarring; you also run the risk of contamination spreading to other areas of the face which means more acne outbreaks!
PURIFYING HONEY MASQUE
Oxygen Skincare has created a mask to hydrate and calm the skin using Manuka Honey and Aloe Extract. Manuka Honey has extraordinary healing and nourishing properties and penetrates deep into the layers of the skin significantly better than other plant bases. Aloe Extract moisturises and improves the skin’s flexibility and hydration; it contains healing botanicals used for centuries. It also absorbs easily into the skin and heals dryness.
How to apply the Masque
- The masque is to be applied after cleansing and exfoliating for maximum absorption.
- It is advisable to first steam your face for a few minutes over a bowl of hot water, placing a towel over your head to prevent the steam from escaping. This action helps in the drawing process of the mask for maximum benefit.
- Apply a thin layer of mask to the face avoiding the delicate eye area and leave on for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and a facecloth, pat dry and apply toner and moisturiser.
ORGANIC EYE CREME
Laughing, squinting, frowning, crying are all things we do throughout our day, but what effect is this having on the area around our eyes? Sadly, as we age we start to see cracks and lines which will in turn create wrinkles. However, Oxygen Skincare has come up with a combat for this problem that can help visibly reduce the effects of everyday living. Our eye crème contains a sustainable grown NZ tree fern extract, a natural extract with skin tightening and visibly lifting properties that give an instant result to the eye area.
How to apply the eye crème
- After moisturising apply a small dot of eye gel to the fingertip of the ring finger and dab together with the same fingertip of the opposite hand.
- Dab gently with the smallest amount of pressure around the outer area of the eye where wrinkles typically form.
- Take care not to pull or drag the skin.